- on Microcontrollers
- Published in issue 7/2009 on page 20
Six-digit Display with SPI Port
CAM/CAD data for the PCB referred to in this article is available as a Gerber file. Elektor GREEN and GOLD members can exclusively download these files for free as part of their membership. Gerber files allow a PCB to be produced on an appropriate device available locally, or through an online PCB manufacturing service.
Elektor recommends its business partner Eurocircuits as the company of choice for its own prototypes and volume production in selected cases.
* six-digit seven-segment display
* just two components, plus display modules
* driven using software SPI emulation
* C driver routines easily adapted to any type of microcontroller
R1 = 10k
D1–D6 = SC52-11 (Kingbright)
IC1 = MAX7219CNG
JP1 = 6-way pinheader