- on Home & Garden
- Published in issue 5/2011 on page 54
1-Channel DMX512 Light Dimmer
Developed using E-Blocks and Flowcode 4 for PICmicro
The DMX512 dimmer discussed here was developed out of the Portable DMX512 Tester from Elektor June 2002]. The tester proved a valuable device as you can select any channel you want to work with (up to 480), as well as change the ‘Start of Frame’ (SOF) character used, allowing you to test other DMX512 equipment besides dimmers.
Already a member? click here to log in.
- BCD thumbwheel setup of DMX address – all 512 channels are selectable.
- LED indication of wrong DMX address selected. (slow flashing LED)
- Power-down of module on overheating
- LED indication of thermal power-down (fast flashing LED)
- All Flowcode v. 4 programmed