Tektronix Inc., has introduced a new entry-level Arbitrary/Function Generator. The AFG1022 is targeted at educational institutions and supports a wide range of use cases and course subjects. The AFG1022 also integrates with the new TekSmartLab wireless lab instrument management solution.
Michael Ewald, General Manager, Bench Products, Tektronix stated that "Tektronix strongly believes that a rich hands-on experience dramatically improves education outcomes, that's why we are working hard to meet the needs of colleges and universities including good price-performance on instrumentation, integrated courseware and ease of administration."
Key performance specifications include dual-channel, 25 MHz bandwidth with 1 mVpp to 10 Vpp output, 14-bit vertical resolution and 1 µHz frequency resolution. It provides a 125 MS/s sample rate along with 64 MB of built-in non-volatile memory and USB memory expansion for user-defined waveforms.
On the functionality side, the instrument offers 50 built-in standard functions and arbitrary waveforms with continuous, modulation, sweep and burst modes to cover almost all the test requirements found in basic education labs. A built-in 200 MHz counter with 6-digit resolution offers an easy and precise way of performing frequency, period, pulse width, and duty cycle measurements.
- Dual-channel, 25 MHz sine wave, and 12.5 MHz square/pulse wave provides a cost effective solution for basic education and other applications
- 125 MS/s sampling rate and 14-bit vertical resolution enable great signal fidelity
- 1 mVp-p to 10 Vp-p output amplitude over the whole frequency range
- 2 to 8,192-point length of memory for user-defined arbitrary waveforms
- 64-MByte internal non-volatile memory for arbitrary waveform storage
- Standard USB host/device for memory expansion and remote control
- Continuous, sweeping, burst, and modulation modes covers most requirements for students and other users to get the experiments/test job done
- Built-in 200 MHz counter with 6-digit resolution offers an easy and precise way of frequency/period/pulse width/duty cycle measurement
- Menu and online help are in English and Simplified Chinese
- Compact form factor for stacking on other bench instruments to save valuable bench space
- Free ArbExpress makes user defined waveforms editing extremely easy
- Compatible with TekSmartLab for easy teaching and learning
The AFG1022 is available now for orders worldwide. Price is $715 US MSRP.