- on Microcontrollers
- Published in issue 4/2012 on page 30
Lab PSU for Embedded Developers
Power supply for microcontroller circuits
Anyone who develops circuits using microcontrollers knows that plug-in ‘wall wart’ power packs do not always make suitable power supplies. On the other hand, a proper laboratory power supply is expensive overkill — it’s too bulky and generally delivers only a single voltage. The PSU described here is small and supplies controllers with the 3.3 V or 5 V used typically. A second preset voltage between 0 and 15 V is provided for peripherals.
Already a member? click here to log in.
• Output voltage 1: 3.3 V and 5.0 V switchable
• Output voltage 2: 0 – 15 V adjustable
• Output current: 0 – 1 A V adjustable
• Display of voltage, current and temperature