Texas Instruments has introduced three analog-input class-D stereo amplifiers for use in soundbars, after-market automotive solutions, portable audio docks, and LCD televisions. The TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2 and TPA3130D2 feature the industry's highest programmable switching rate and widest power supply range, enabling audio output that is both high quality and highly efficient. The devices are pin-to-pin and software compatible and can support a single-layer printed circuit board (PCB), enabling cost savings by allowing designers to reuse a single layout for multiple designs.
Key features and benefits of the TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2 and TPA3130D2:
- Supply range of 4.5 V to 26 V enables simultaneous operation of line power and battery power on the same board for longer battery life in soundbars and portable audio docks.
- Thermally efficient FETs allow 30 W x 2 operation without the need for a heat sink, or 50 W x 2 with a heat sink (TPA3116D2 only).
- Programmable switching rates of 400 KHz to 1.2 MHz allow inductor filter-free operation and interference avoidance for clear audio with no distortions.
- Closed-loop design provides excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) and slower edge rates for waveform switching to improve electromagnetic interference (EMI) performance.
- RDS(on) of 120 milliohms at 30 W x 2 improves efficiency by decreasing resistance during operation.