Microcontroller development boards are practical in that they feature many peripherals that allow you to quickly cobble up a proof of concept. However, once your one-off project is ready you have to transfer it to a PCB because often it is not practical or economical to leave it on the dev board. Parallax has understood this and has come up with a board for projects that need a permanent home. Its low cost, feature-rich, and simple design is a solution for projects using the Propeller P8X32A multicore microcontroller. The core Propeller programming circuitry is built into the board, with access to all 32 I/O pins.
Thoughtful features such as power and over-voltage LEDs and well-placed labels on both sides of the board help make circuit-building fast and accurate. The reset button, USB, power, and optional connectors are all set at right angles for easy access when the finished project is mounted in an enclosure.
- Programming-ready with surface-mount Propeller P8X32A, 64 KB EEPROM, and 5 MHz removable crystal
- USB Mini-B connector for programming and power is compatible with USB charging devices
- Large 5.75 square-inch prototyping area with 580 thru-hole connections provides plenty of room for your project's components
- Built-in pads and circuitry make it easy to add a microSD card holder and VGA connector
- SOT-23 pads and custom-designed 64-pin SMT pads accomodate a wide variety of IC packages
- 40-pin header accepts add-on boards made for the Propeller QuickStart