Worldwide Electronics Startup Competition
Attention, electronics startup founders and innovators! Do you develop innovative electronics devices, tools, or solutions? electronica Fast Forward
, the startup platform powered by Elektor, is a worldwide startup competition that provides you with an exciting opportunity to promote your company or your most recent prototype in the international marketplace. If the judges find your company or solution compelling, you could win €75,000 worth of marketing and promotion from Elektor as well as international exposure in Munich, Germany at electronica 2018, the world's leading trade fair for electronics. Participation is quick and easy
The electronica Fast Forward Competition
Bringing an electronic product to market isn't easy. You need more than a great design. You need to raise capital, find partners, reach potential customers, and execute a marketing plan. electronica Fast Forward provides you with a chance to present your innovation to the worldwide electronics community. If you make the cut, you will have the opportunity to:
- Present your prototype or startup at elec¬tronica 2018 in November in Munich, Germany
- Compete against other finalists for a marketing campaign with Elektor worth up to €75,000
- Engage potential partners, investors, and customers from around the world
- Showcase your prototype or startup company to 250,000 Elektor readers
Presentation and award categories will reflect elec¬tronica 2018's highlight topics: automotive, embedded, artificial intelligence, solid-state lighting/LED, smart grid/smart energy, industrial IoT, electronics in medical and healthcare (including wearables), and cyber security. (Terms and conditions
Participating is simple. Follow these steps
All submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by the judging panel. Exceptional entrants will be invited to pitch their Startups/Prototypes at electronica 2018
for a chance to win thousands of euros worth of marketing from Elektor as well as a booth at electronica 2020
- Participants can fill out an online entry form in one of two categories: Prototypes or Startups. Enter Here by October 1, 2018.
- Judges will review all entries and then invite the most promising participants to submit more detailed..
- The judges will select a group of finalists who will have the opportunity to pitch and present their startups and prototypes at electronica 2018.
- At electronica in November 2018, finalists will showcase their Prototype or Startup at the electronica Startup Platform. Judges will select winners at the event.
All proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the judging panel. Exceptional entrants will be invited to pitch/present at electronica 2018
for a chance to earn international recognition and a shot to win thousands of euros worth of marketing from Elektor.
- First Prize: A marketing package worth €75,000 from Elektor International Media, which includes an exhibition stand at electronica 2020.
- Second Prize: A marketing package worth €50,000 from Elektor International Media
- Third Prize: A marketing package worth €25,000 from Elektor International Media
- Startup finalists can use presentation space at the electronica Startup Platform at electronica 2018 at a discounted rate of €1,000.
- Elektor will award one “golden ticket” (i.e., Elektor covers expenses) for an exceptional finalist.
The 2016 competitition
The first edition of the electronica Fast Forward in 2016 drew 35 participants from 16 countries and was a resounding success. Download your free copy of the electronica Fast Forward Start-Up Guide
2016 (PDF) to learn more about the 2016 competition and winners.