- Published in issue 6/2019 on page 32
Particulate Matter Sensing for Air Quality Measurements
Sensirion’s dust resistance and advanced binning technologies provide added value to applications in several industries, including air quality monitoring, air purifiers and HVAC. A sensor that works over the whole lifetime of a device guarantees good air quality to the final user and increases energy efficiency and sustainable operation. Advanced binning and higher accuracy help to trigger specific actions based on the detected particle composition and improve the monitoring of filter lifetime based on the contaminant type information collected over the device’s operation.
- AQI levels as defined by the China Ministry of Environmental Protection (2012):
- AQI levels as defined by the US Environmental Protection Agency (2013):
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) list of classifications
- Ambient air pollution: A global assessment of exposure and burden of disease, WHO, 2016
- Measurement of Particulate Matter, California Air Resources Board