Linear Technology Corp has introduced the LTC6752 family of high speed comparators capable of supporting toggle rates up to 280 MHz. With their low propagation delays of 2.9 ns, and fast rise/fall times of 1.2 ns they are the fastest CMOS output comparators available today. The LTC6752 family is made up of five devices offering options of separate input and output supplies, shutdown, output latch, adjustable hysteresis, complementary outputs and package styles.
The LTC6752 comparators have rail-to-rail inputs that operate from 2.45 V up to 3.5 V or 5.25 V, depending on the option. With CMOS outputs and separate supply options allow it to operate down to 1.71 V, facilitating direct interface with 1.8 V logic signals.
The 2.9 ns propagation delay combined with low dispersion of 1.8 ns (10 mV to 125 mV overdrive variation) makes these comparators ideal for critical timing applications. The fast toggle rate and the low jitter of 4.5 ps RMS (100 mVP-P, 100 MHz input) also make the LTC6752 family well suited as a high frequency line driver and for use in clock recovery circuits.
- 280 MHz toggle rate
- 2.9 ns propagation delay
- Rail-to-rail inputs extend beyond both rails
- Output current capability: ±22 mA
- Quiescent current: 4.5 mA
- Features within the LTC6752 family:
- 2.45 V to 5.25 V input supply and 1.71 V to 3.5 V output supply (separate supply option)
- 2.45 V to 3.5 V supply (single supply option)
- Shutdown pin
- Output latch and adjustable hysteresis
- Complementary outputs
- Packages: TSOT-23, SC70, MSOP, 3 mm × 3 mm QFN
- Direct replacement for ADCMP60X family
- Operating temperature range: –40°C to 125°C
All five variants of the LTC6752 are available now with prices starting at $1.62 per unit for quantities of 1000 units.