Fujitsu’s new MBH7BLZ07 Bluetooth Smart module is approximately 50% smaller than its previous model, the MBH7BLZ02. The package measuring 11.5 x 7.9 x 1.7 mm contains the Nordic Semiconductor nRF51822 chipset (IC Rev. 3, S110 Ver. 8.0.0), which is built around a 32-bit ARM Cortex M0 CPU with 256 KB flash and 16 KB RAM. The FCC-approved module typically draws around 10.5 mA (for 0 dBm in Tx mode) and the embedded antenna make this module suited for wearable, Internet-enabled devices in healthcare, fitness, and consumer entertainment applications.
Fujitsu’s data communication profile firmware is embedded in the device, which supports data communications without the need to develop additional profiles and software. Settings can be managed by a variety of simple, text-based control commands (UART) to facilitate integrating the module into new products. Alternatively, Fujitsu offers the module in a blank version (Part Number MBH7BLZ07-109033) without embedded firmware, which can utilize the extensive Nordic software library for application development, with full access to the onboard ARM Cortex M0 CPU.
Key features of the MBH7BLZ07:
• Bluetooth specification version 4.1 (single mode, peripheral module)
• Output Power: +4 dBm max.
• Receiver sensitivity: basic rate -88 dBm typical
• Host interface: UART (115.2 kbps)
• Operating temperature: -40 to +85 ºC at power supply 1.9 VDC to 3.6 VDC, -25 to +7 5ºC at 1.8 VDC to 3.6V DC
• Storage temperature: -40 to +85 ºC
• Module has embedded 16MHz clock
• Connection to external 32 kHz clock available via 13pin/14pin (GPIO_27 / GPIO_26)
• RoHS compliant
• Certifications: FCC/IC/CE/QDID/Radio Act (Japan)
For additional details contact Fujitsu.
- on Internet of Things
Fujitsu's Bluetooth Smart module shrinks
November 10, 2015 | 00:11
Fujitsu’s new MBH7BLZ07 Bluetooth Smart module is approximately 50% smaller than its previous model, the MBH7BLZ02. The package measuring 11.5 x 7.9 x 1.7 mm contains the Nordic Semiconductor nRF51822 chipset ...