Nantero have announced that their innovative memory technology based on carbon nanotubes has been licensed and is in production in many fabrication facilities around the world. NRAM memory offers a significant speed advantage, (said to be hundreds of times faster than conventional NAND memory) and can be easily scaled to provide terabits of storage capacity which consume very little power.
Key Features of NRAM technology:
• CMOS Compatible: Works in standard CMOS fabs with no new equipment needed
• Limitless Scalability: Designed to scale below 5nm in the future
• High-Endurance: Proven to operate for orders of magnitude more cycles than flash
• Faster Read and Write: Same as DRAM, 100s of times faster than NAND
• High Reliability: will retain memory for >1,000 years at 85 degrees Celsius or more than 10 years at 300 degrees Celsius
• Low Power: Essentially zero in standby mode, 160x lower write energy per bit than NAND
• Low Cost: Simple structure, can be 3D multi-layer and multi-level cell (MLC)
Nantero’s NRAM makes use of carbon nanotubes which are considered to be one of the strongest materials known to man. With one CNT being just 1/50,000th the diameter of a human hair, these tiny cylinders are 50 times stronger than steel, half the density of aluminum, and have better thermal and electrical conductivity properties than any other material scientists are aware of today. Nantero is the first company to actively develop semiconductor products using this material in production CMOS fabs.
- on Education & Information
NRAM is the future
June 11, 2015 | 01:28
Nantero have announced that their innovative memory technology based on carbon nanotubes has been licensed and is in production in many fabrication facilities around the world. NRAM memory offers a significant...