This contest is finished. The winners are:
Connected Cocktail Machine
Smart Home Lighting Control
Wi-Fi BBQ Thermostat and Thermometer
- ESP32 Game Console
- Uroflowmetry Machine for Every Home!
- Electromechanical Decimal to Binary to Hexadecimal Converter
- Digital Stomper for Guitarists
- Radiomush, Radiology of Mushrooms, 30+ Years After Tjernobyl
- ESP32 Digital Voltmeter
- MQTT Weather Station
In behalf of Elektor and Espressif Systems, congratulations to the winners!
We would also like to thank all participants for their high-quality entries.
Special thanks to Espressif Systems for making the ESP32 Contest 2018 possible.
Sign up for our ESP32 Design Contest and get your creative juices flowing in 2018! The competition is open to anyone in the international maker community, aged 18 or older. Up to a thousand participants will be offered an ESP32-PICO-KIT V4 for free, provided they submit a carefully-planned project proposal by 24:00 hrs CET, on January 31st, 2018. Although there is a focus on Espressif’s new ESP32-PICO-KIT, any ESP32-based hardware platform can be used in the competing projects.
ESP32 is the most integrated Wi-Fi & Dual-Mode Bluetooth chip in the IoT industry. ESP32 can perform as a complete standalone system or as a slave device to a host microcontroller, reducing communication stack overhead on the main application processor. Our rich series of ESP32-based modules and developments boards are bound to inspire you to build any low-power and high-performing IoT solution.
- Send in your own work only.
- Be creative.
- Not restricted to IoT applications.
- Final projects must be received before March 31, 2018 @ 24:00 hours CET.
- 1,000 free ESP32-PICO-KIT boards are available.
- Not limited to ESP32-PICO-KIT boards, but eligible projects must feature an ESP32 product.
For more details read the Terms and Conditions
Shipping of the free ESP32-PICO-KITs will start as soon as possible to give participants enough time to develop their application.
What you can win:
We have made a nice selection of prizes with a total retail value of (almost) € 2,500!
- Siglent 120 MHz Function Generator SDG5122
- IkaLogic IkaScope WS200 Wireless Oscilloscope Probe
- pi-top 2 – Laptop kit for Raspberry Pi + pi-top Proto
- Anet A6 Homelab 3-D Printer Kit incl. 3 PLA Filaments
- Andonstar HDMI/USB Digital Microscope ADSM201 with LCD Screen
- Weller ESF-120 ESD PCB-Holder
- Elektor Labs AVR Playground Semi Kit (129009-72)
- Hayes & Horowitz - Learning the Art of Electronics (Book)
- Franzis IOT Bluething Board
- Elektor Labs Tapir E-Smog Detector (120354-71)
More information can be found here