About the article

Remote Water Level Meter

For a precious commodity

Based on a Labs project | June 2015 | Find it here
Remote Water Level Meter
Did you know that about 71% of the surface of the earth is covered with water? Almost 97.5% of this water is saline, mainly held in the oceans and seas. The remaining 2.5% is fresh water, most of which is frozen in glaciers, ice caps, permafrost, ground ice and snow, as well as stored as fresh groundwater, soil moisture and in the atmosphere. Living organisms stock water too. Less than 0.01% of the earth’s water supply is available as fresh surface water in lakes, swamps and rivers.
Downloading of this magazine article is reserved for registered users only.
Login | Register now!
Relevant websites
Extra info / Update
* Contactless measurement
* Wireless connection
* Low cost
* Only common parts needed
Component list
From the Store
160044-71: Ultrasonic distance sensor HY-SRF05
080213-71: USB/TTL serial cable
SKU17001: Arduino Mini
Books on Arduino: www.elektor.com/books/arduino-books/
[show a few book images]
Component List — Transmitter
K1 = 2-way PCB screw terminal block, 0.2" pitch
K2 = 3-pin pinheader, 0.1" pitch
MOD1 = Arduino (Pro) Mini or Uno
MOD2 = HC-SR04 ultrasonic transceiver module (or similar, HY-SRF05 can be used too)
MOD3 = 433MHz transmitter module (see text)
Jumper for K2
433MHz antenna (spiral / whip / 173mm stiff wire)
Component List — Receiver
R1 = 47Ohm
P1 = 10kOhm trimpot
K1 = 2-way PCB screw terminal block, 0.2" pitch
LCD1 = 2×16 characters alphanumeric LCD
MOD1 = Arduino (Pro) Mini or Uno
MOD2 = 433MHz receiver module (see text)
433MHz antenna (spiral / whip / 173mm stiff wire)
Loading comments...