Other features such as input and output average current regulation may be implemented with just a few additional components. The LTM8056 operates with an input voltage ranging from 5 V to 58 V and can supply a regulated output voltage between 1.2 V and 48 V. The SYNC input and CLKOUT signal output provide clock synchronization options.
Key Features of the LTM8056:
- Complete Buck-Boost switch mode power supply
- Input voltage range: 5 V to 58 V
- 12 V/1.7 A output from 6 VIN
- 12 V/3.4 A output from 12 VIN
- 12 V/5.4 A output from 24 VIN
- Up to 96% efficient
- Adjustable input and output average current limits
- Input and output current monitors
- Parallelable for increased output current
- Output voltage range: 1.2 V to 48 V
- Selectable switching frequency: 100 kHz to 800 kHz
- Synchronization from 200 kHz to 700 kHz
- 15mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA package
The LTM8056 is housed in a compact overmolded ball grid array (BGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8056 is available with SnPB or RoHS compliant terminal finish.