The pi-top is a very successful upgrade for your Raspberry Pi. It turns a Raspberry Pi into a laptop and it can be extended by custom PCBs, so it is the ideal platform for Makers. It runs a special version of the Raspbian operating system, called pi-topOS. The creators of the pi-top announced a new version of pi-topOS and we recommend that you update your system, since the new version has many improvements:
- Includes all of the benefits of the brand new Raspbian release (2016-09-23)
- Smoother transitions between dashboard and desktop modes
- Improved configuration wizard and dashboard tour
- pi-topCODER now fetches online worksheets (which will be updated and expanded) - these can be stored locally, so you can access them anywhere!
- Updated pi-top hardware interaction
- OS stability and usability improvements
- CEEDUniverse has lots of new features - the whole world and menus have been redesigned and there are several new mini-games to check out!
You can find out more information and download the new pi-topOS here: https://www.pi-top.com/product/pi-top-os
We talked to Jon from pi-top about their products at Maker Faire Berlin: