- on Computer/Software/Internet
- Published in issue 1/2010 on page 20
My First AVR-USB
Low cost and step by step
This article is a quick guide to building firmware that will unleash the capabilities of Atmel’s advanced AVR-USB chip and especially its USB features, which are fairly easy to deploy. Join the fun if you have a basic knowledge of USB and 30 dollars to invest.
Already a member? click here to log in.
* Low-cost ($30) Atmel AT90USBKey demo board fwith on-board mini joystick
* MCU: AT90USB1287 with DFU bootloader
* Easy introduction to USB for AVR embedded technology, including USB hardware controller
* Introduction to designing USB HIDs and Composite Devices
* Lots of freeware utilities around (FLIP, LUFA)
* Largely Linux compatible
* Easily accepts software ported from other projects (e.g. Teensy)