- on Hobby & Modelling
- Published in issue 10/2011 on page 36
2.4 GHz Transmitter and Receiver for Model Aeroplanes
ZigBee technology for model construction
• Transmission of 8 proportional channels
• PPM-modulation, compatible with all transmitters for 35/40/41 MHz
• Existing transmitter does not have to be modified
• Receiver with dual power supply and linear regulator for one or two LiPo batteries
• Remote voltage measurement of the receiver batteries
• Receiver compatible with BEC power supply
• Remote current measurement of the receiver with calculated energy use in mAh
• Remote signal strength measurement of the receiver (RSSI)
• LC-display at the transmitter for indicating the parameters
• Audible alarm signal at the transmitter
• Open communication interfaces: UART, CAN, I²C
• ZigBee technology
• Range of more than 1 km in the open field, verified by the author
• Reaction delay 20 ms
Issued: December 29, 2011.
D2 & D3 -> new type, old : ES3A, new : GF1A
R15 -> new value, old : 47K, new : 3K3
The value of resistor R3* should be 6K8 when the type of the LCD is POWERTIP PC2004ARS-AWA-A-Q as mentioned in the list.
The software as been updated to V1.01 (serious bug removed)
News photos included in software download.