Thanks to recent technical advances, it produces quality, precise objects up to 8 x 8 x 8 cm, standalone and for a reasonable price. All you have to do is insert an SD card with the file of objects to be printed. Settings are easy to change with a rotary coder on a blue 4-line LCD (see other characteristics below).
The code of the AVR ATmega2560 is open-source.
- Fused Filament Fabrication
- Resolution: standard : 0.1 mm (max.: 0.2 mm - min.: 0.05 mm)
- Tray footprint: 80 x 80 mm
- Printable volume: 80 x 80 x 75 mm
- Tray surface: Metal plate, BuildTak™ pad (consumable, available separately)
- Speed: 40 mm/s
- Movement: 70 mm/s
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
- Materials: PLA, ABS (tests of others in progress)
- Nozzle temp. max (rear extrusion orifice) : 245 °C
- Nozzle temp. max (front extrusion orifice): 260 °C
- Size: 230 x 150 x 160 mm
- Metal chassis
- Weight: 2.3 kg
- SD card reader (printing) & USB (updating)
- Microcontroller: AVR ATmega2560
- Display: Backlit blue 4 x 20 chr LCD.
- Software package: Marlin 3D Printer, modified open-source code - user updates possible
- Software: Repetier - CuraEngine - Slic3r (RepRap compatible)