You hear occasional stories of people where they get a big settlement by a waterleak. People today are more than ever concerned with their water consumption.
The media gives message that the municipalities will increase the charge per litre.
I now have a very cheap solution which monitors your watermeter for normal water usage.
The user gets an alarm if in 24h there is no 2h where no (less than 0, 5 l) water is used. If this is not the case, there is a water leak.
If the user leaves open a watertab longer than 30 min then there is also an alarm. In this case one has forgotten the water tap.
The circuit consists of an Atmel attiny 13 powered by 2 AAA bateries. The design would consume about 5µA and thus would last for many years before new bateries are required.
- Labs project
April 3, 2016 , Latest update: July 15, 2016
Read the full post
- eWatermeteralertBOM.pdf (62.46 KB )Bill of materials
- eWatermeteralertBOM.xlsx (12.18 KB )Bill of materials
- eWatermeteralertPCBrender.pdf (125.59 KB )The PCN
- eWatermeteralertWorking.mp4 (2.41 MB )Demo of early prototype
- eWatermeteralertSketch.txt (3.59 KB )The code
- eWatermeteralertSCH2.pdf (53.49 KB )Schematic