- on Audio/Video/Photography
- Published in issue 4/2011 on page 40
Guitar Input for Multi-Effects Unit
Preamp based on Ibanez TS9
In September 2010 we published a digital multi-effects unit. This circuit can only be used with line level signals, such as those used by keyboards and the effects loops of mixing panels. To make that circuit suitable for use with electric guitar signal levels we now present a simple but effective amplifier circuit.
Already a member? click here to log in.
CAM/CAD data for the PCB referred to in this article is available as a Gerber file. Elektor Members can exclusively download these files for free as part of their Membership. Gerber files allow a PCB to be produced on an appropriate device available locally, or through an online PCB manufacturing service. Elektor recommends its business partner Eurocircuits as the company of choice for its own prototypes and volume production in selected cases.
- Easy to solder
- Powered from a 9-V battery or suitable adapter
- The character of the sound is easily changed
- Bypass-switch option for the distortion
- Adjustments for Drive, Tone and Level